Opened in December 2013, the university’s Shanghai Office operates as a natural extension of the Illinois-China partnership, serving students, faculty, staff, and alumni through outreach, protocol, and career activities.
Services & Support
- Receives in-country logistical support for travel and meetings in China related to university business
- Establishes career connections in globally recognized companies for graduates and alumni of university degree programs
- Identifies opportunities to recruit students from China to university programs
- Develops collaborations with academic and corporate connections in China
- Connects individuals with active university alumni networks in China
Staff across the university work diligently to ensure that new graduates have the best opportunities available in the global marketplace when they leave the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. To that end, a great amount of energy is invested in fostering relationships and securing strong ties with some of the best companies in the world. Post a job or find a candidate via the Hire Illini Job Portal.
In 2017, a report by Lockin China revealed that—among the approximately 1,000 Chinese companies surveyed—the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign was the most preferred university for new employee acquisition. In 2018, The university was recognized by Lockin China again as one of the Top 30 "Employers Choice University Career Service."